Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Crazy Weather

Hey all. Just a quick update throughout today. Many of you may have heard that Typhoon Bolaven is heading my way.

9:21 AM: As for right now, we're just getting a lot of wind; but I've been told this is just the beginning. The main storm will be here right as I need to go to class. Go figure. Many classes have been canceled, but I'm not sure if my two classes are included there. I guess we'll figure that out when we get there!

11:00 AM: Tons of rain right now. Also tons of wind. Still have no idea if classes are cancelled. My roommate's two classes are cancelled but I haven't heard anything about mine.

1:50 PM: Walked through super strong winds to get to class only to find out that it was, indeed, cancelled.

3:08 PM: Sitting inside, watching the sky churn. No more rain but still copious amounts of wind.

August 29, 2012: The rest of yesterday passed very windy but uneventful. Other parts of the country like Jeju Island and also Okinawa in Japan got totally hammered by the storm. The TV is always on somewhere here and it's been focused on the typhoon, so I've seen the destruction some of the other places nearby are encountering. Luckily, my school is fine, just a little battered from the wind. Everyone is here safe and sound. Onto the rest of the first week of school!

No comments:

Post a Comment