Monday, August 13, 2012

One Week (sorta)


At the end of this week, I will sit through the longest airplane trip of my life: First, Denver to San Francisco. 2(ish) hours, not too bad. Then a 4-hour layover, still not too bad. Finally, San Francisco to South Korea: 17 hours! Commence internal screaming. And here I thought the hour-long drive from Lakewood to Greeley was bad. Guess I ain’t seen nothing yet.

Welcome. If you're still in the dark, I am going to South Korea, and I'm going to document it for you! Huzzah! I am an anthropology student from the University of Northern Colorado, doing one semester abroad in Jochiwon, South Korea. How much fun is this going to be? I plan to not only blog about the steps proceeding this point of stressing out about the long plane trip (maybe I can spare others the pain?), but also to blog about my time at Korea University Sejong Campus and my experiences returning to the warm bosom of United States in December, greeted by cheering, adoring fans begging for my autograph. That's how it will go, right?

So, here we go. On the steps-leading-up-to-the-hellishly-long-plane-trip side, I plan to cover some topics such as packing, getting a visa and passport, food (so many delicious noms in Korea!), and perhaps even perform 
the ever-lauded dorm room tour. Any questions? LET 'EM RIP! Email me or post a comment and I will do my best to answer, either with text, pictures, or maybe even a video!


So, everyone packed and ready to go? Oh wait; wait for me! 가자! (Let’s go!)

No comments:

Post a Comment